Hosting Unreal engine on a shared drive

I have a build farm with many virtual build machines controlled by Team City. I’d like to build an Unreal plugin on any of these machines using RunUAT.bat. The main issue I have is giving the build machines access to Unreal Engine itself. I could, of course, install Unreal on each of the build machines but it is tedious to use the interactive installer on each machine manually and Unreal uses a lot of storage (33 Gb per build machine). When you have many virtual build machines all that storage starts to overwhelm the total available.

So I attempted to install Unreal on a shared drive which I mapped to drive Z:

[FONT=Courier New]Z:\UE_4.25>“z:\UE_4.25\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\RunUAT.bat” BuildPlugin -Plugin=“c:\path o\myplugin.uplugin” -Package=c:\path o\output -VS2019

However this does not succeed as I get the error

[FONT=Courier New]Failed to load script DLL: Z:\UE_4.25\Engine\Binaries\DotNET\AutomationScripts\AllDesktop\AllDesktop.Automation.dll: Could not load file or assembly.

The file is present. It seems C# cannot (by default) load DLLs across the network…

Does anyone have any experience hosting Unreal engine on a shared directory? Or is this a complete non-starter? Is there a good way to roll out Unreal across many virtual machines?