Horror Bedroom

Wow, nice job.
How much hours did you put making this assets? That alarm clock for instance.

I’m really interested in that damaged wall vertex painting. Is that a three texture material? I’ve already tried do make one but something was off.

Around 30-50 hours, but I was taking my time, so it’s always possible to finish it faster.

In case of the wall, I used 4 materials. But it’s possible to switch out the textures and use bricks, for instance. I will optimize it later if everything else is finished. Then I could also write a tutorial for it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wrote a small blueprint today for basic alarm clock functionality :wink:

1 Like

Added a Brick Texture today, so you can use them with the damaged wall material :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Finally started the demo Scene today, the walls are still modular and could be compared to the walls from my Horror Living Room but this time I was more creative with the wooden beams :slight_smile:

Your “Horror Bedroom” asset pack is coming together very nicely. The shading, lighting, and every detail you’ve worked into these assets let me know that you have sharply honed your skills in asset creation! Will you also be using these assets in your story-driven exploration game, “A Story of Hope?”

1 Like

Thank you for the kind words. I will use some of them in a Story of Hope :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Old Boxes :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Fantastic work on these old boxes! Keep up the incredible work! This “Horror Bedroom” asset pack is coming together very nicely. :sunglasses: :+1:

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’re work is really great. Do you make all your textures? That’s the thing I really struggle with.
I can deal with modeling and animation, but textures…

Yes, I make all my textures :wink: There are amazing tutorials on texturing with Substance Painter on ArtStation (Link: https://www.artstation.com/learning/courses/owg/substance-painter-pushing-your-texturing-further/chapters/d3J/introduction )

Is that software free? I can only use free software. That’s from Adobe so I’m guessing it is not.

Then you could use blender. For Substance Painter there is also a trial Version here and a perpetual License on Steam. Substance Painter is somewhat industry standart at the moment but I don’t know if there is any free or open source software for 3D texturing besides blender.

Yes, I use blender.

Hello everyone it’s been a while :slight_smile: Here is a quieck screenshot from a typewriter i have added, ill try to make him functional as well so thats not it’s only a static mesh :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi everyone :slight_smile:

I’m working on a new Blueprint for the Typewriter and wanted to share a screenshot. It will be functional and you can dynamically write text on the paper. I will share a Video in a few days. I even made a custom font that looks like an old typewriter. The font can freely be exchanged.

Secondly I’m playing with the tought of making Horror Bedroom only available for UE5.0 and up since there are a few features that would come in handy. So I made a poll on some of my channels so feel free to voice your opinion :wink:

• Horror Bedroom should be provided for UE4 and UE5 and up without some features
  • Horror Bedroom should be provided UE5 and up with more features

0 voters

1 Like

I wrote a Blueprint for my Typewriter model to give it a bit of a functionality :wink:
There are currently two modes one in which is possible to type with your keyboard and the other is to type automatically with a predefined text.

3 Likes

Old Camera Bag :slight_smile:

2 Likes

FInally finished the Window :wink:

2 Likes