Horde Mode/Zombie Rounds

Making a fun little project for fun… looking to make a Horde Mode or a Zombie round based game.
Sorta Killing Floor 1&2 or COD Zombies Rounds… spawn X amount of zombies per round… have the round start fresh when all the spawned zombies are dead.

All in Blueprints, if anyone has any ideas/visual aids to help me that would be great. Save me a lot of trial and error. Still learning Blue prints.

thanks again!

Well even for myself. I know I am quite new at blueprinting as well. However I started fiddling around with this same concept. I would suggest you take a look at Unreal’s side projects “SillyGeo” and Unreal’s “Strategy Game”. They both have a perfect representation of waves of enemies. One of them works similar to how zombies work where they spawn and swarm. The other is more geared towards learning how waves work. Both were created entirely in Blueprint.
Hope this leads you in the right direction to get started.

Hey there. I myself and pretty new to Blueprints, but I can lead you in the right direction. I have been fiddling around with this same concept myself and the way I got started was I took a look at Unreal’s “SillyGeo” and Unreal’s “Strategy Game”. Both have functioning waves of enemies. However one works very similar to COD zombies where the enemies spawn and swarm the player(s). The other project shows more about how the waves work in general. I would suggest taking a look at both and fiddle with the blueprint for each to get a better understanding. Both are entirely made in Blueprint.
Hope this leads you in the right direction.

I think there’s too much FPS zombie games in the market, your game will be just “one more”. If I would do something like this, it would be a top-down voxel arcade game. But whatever you do, remember to add something very unique to your game. Good luck to you!

Well its not exactly a FPS Zombie game… I was just using it as reference for my project… there is a lot of difference between what I have planned and COD Zombies… That being fun and all, but the fact there is no story and never ends is kinda of boring to me. I have a lot more ideas up my sleeves.

Also Stealthbomber123 thats for the info, I’ll look into that. Thanks a lot.