HONOR - Cinematic UE4 (4k)

v=WJi-7qopPHg

HONOR

Created by: Yonathan Moreda

This movie is a personal project I did in my spare time, mostly to get better grip of
Unreal Engine capabilities and to further explore high quality real time .

Most of the scene elements are from Sketchfab, greenery from Quixel Megascans,
Mocap animations from mixamo and also used the Perception Neuron mocap system,
particle systems from Epic Games marketplace
and everything customized and assembled in ue4.

Time spent was 7 weeks working few hours per day, I´m still impressed how fast you can go

The shots creation process was a bit random because I hadn´t a script or storyboard,
just the song, so i just tried to made a choreography according to the music,
without care about the history.

I m happy with the result and the experience after had worked deeply with Unreal Engine,
defenitly you can be more creative.

Assets Modelers:
Yonathan Moreda

, Lora, David Falke, M Sameja, Elisey, Bartosz www, Brand Onart, Dinh Vi, Design Bureau, Omty, klerrykot, Frederic Wendt, Ejzl, Mmandali, Fearell, Ivan Yoshua, B Nealie, Quang Phan, Kapar, Igor Med, Wolvemancer, Rom1r, Ao Interactive, Galaxxxy, Artfromheath

Workstaion X-Series 3 SK - Xeon™ e3 v5 / i7-7700
with Nvidia quadro M4000
Assembled by Azken Muga

Sound Tracks :

Virtual Riot - Purple Dragons (Dragons Vip)
Itachi - Rap Freestyle Beat Japanese Underground

Sounds Fx Editor:

Stefan Ulonska aka Satori Snooks,
Goaproductions

27 Likes

Greetings @Yoninnn !

Welcome to the Unreal Engine community! :medal_sports:

I thoroughly enjoyed your Honor cinematic! This was a visual opera! I really love the way you shaped your action around the music!

Please share with us what you learned from this project and what challenges did you face and overcome. Although you didn’t have a script or storyboard, as the project went along, did you have an idea in mind of how the finished product would look before finalizing it and releasing it to the public?

4 Likes

Hi! A very unusual video, I was especially impressed by the montage echoing dubstep, it was excellent. Awesome work!

2 Likes

Thankyou so much for your words!
That Honor project was my first project in Unreal, so when i started I hadn´t idea about what i could get haha, so the final look was getting shape day by day while i was going deeper on the project and my knowledge of unreal improved.

I am a psytrance music DJ and also and electronic music lover so that was my start point, the track, after that the movement choreography and the Visual effects was inspired by the music.

With that Honor project I learned the basic keys to create a complete cinematic from the beggining till the end and i really loved the way unreal uses to work. since then I have been fascinated with the power of unreal and I have not been able to stop using it

6 Likes

Very cook, love the sound track and visuals!

2 Likes

Man, this looks OUTSTANDING!!! A trully AAA game cutscene!!!

2 Likes

Really enjoyed watching this cinematic!

I’m impress about everything, environment, characters, lighting setup, choreography and of course the music fits like a glove :smiley:

Only tiny moment something felt odd for me is the blood from the decapitated head that look weird at 1:17 but that’s about it. All the rest is top work!

3 Likes

Awesome , love the sound track and visuals! :+1:

2 Likes

Thankyou so much!

1 Like

Thankyou! that was the idea!!

1 Like

Thank you for your words! I appreciate it! Yes that blood was weird jaja i hadnt idea about niagara at that moment so I had to get some bloodpreset from de the free marketplace haha

1 Like

Thankyou man!

1 Like

I was impressed and glued to the fight, excellent work. Unreal Engine is an open door to create content like this video that is spectacular.

4 Likes

thankyou so much!

1 Like

The music added so much to this. Especially the Overwatch voice line, it gave me the chills!

Really impressive work :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thankyou so much!

1 Like

H O L Y S H . .

. Amazing!

2 Likes

Thankyou Sir!!

1 Like

oh woah! this is amazing! Not only is the soundtrack astounding, so is the video editing! super cool man!

2 Likes

This is an amazing work, man. “Honor” inspires me to dive into UE. Thank you and good luck :sunny:

1 Like