Honestly not sure if UE4 is right for me anymore

Hey everyone.

I’ve been playing around with UE4 for a little while now, and I am just having trouble getting results like I used to with other engines (i.e. Unity3D). I don’t know C++ so I’ve been using the Blueprints to script things, but for some reason I just can’t seem to wrap my head around them as well as I have other programming languages/visual scripting systems. Like I’ve learned C#, Java, HTML, etc., as well as visual scripting like that in software from Clickteam, but yet I can’t wrap my head around Blueprints? Just bothers me…

Plus, I’ve been trying to hire people to make art assets for me, as well as take care of some programming for me, and it’s been at least a week or two of not getting any replies or quotes or anything confirming that they’ve even gotten my messages. And it’s been well-known contractors on these forums that I’ve tried contacting. I don’t want to seem impatient, but I don’t like the thought of doing business with people I can’t get even two words out of within a reasonable amount of time.

Also, UE4 was running well on my ~$1k rig at first but now it’s gotten slow and crashes every time I try to play my game to make sure everything is working how it should be.

I love Unreal, just wondering if it might not be the right engine/community for me at the moment… I just get a bit depressed by it all.

I think I’m going to have to take a break from game development for a little while, but when I come back…

I don’t know that I’ll be using Unreal, to be honest.

See you guys later…