Home made server, Run UDK game in the server

Ok so i want to make a homemade server , and i want to run UDK game for my game to has a server for my own UDK game GOTA, and i would like some advise.
What OS should i use for the server?
any tutorials ?

We are using windows 7 to run ours when we have it up.

Just make a desktop short cut and paste in a command line to start it, then click on the shortcut it will start the dedicated server for you.

here’s a command line we use.

“C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Full-On Paintball\Binaries\Win32\FOPB.exe” server GTSpools?dedicated=true?AdminPassword=GP?TimeOfDay=6?Weather=1?GameDifficulty=7?Game=Paintball.PBRescuePresident?MaxPlayers=32?NUMPLAY=20 –silent LOG=DED.txt

Just take out the things you don’t need and change the maps name to yours and to your gametype to your gametype you want to start it on. You can also rename the log to whatever you want it to be and it will save that log in logs fiolder.

hope this helps you out.

So gamepainters you have a steam server ?

I think he just has a computer that has Windows and Steam on it. He starts his game’s server using the command copied above. His game’s executable is just located in the Steam folder.

“I think he just has a computer that has Windows and Steam on it. He starts his game’s server using the command copied above. His game’s executable is just located in the Steam folder”

Exactly what we did

alrigth expect more questions: )

no problem, ask away, if i can help I will.