Download

Holus: A new holographic tabletop display!

Hello Unreal community,

My name is Michael. I work at a startup company called H+Technology where, for over two years, we’ve been creating a holographic platform that will allow families and friends to gather around a table and experience virtual reality media in a completely new way. We’ve been using Unreal to create our holographic games and apps, and I’m coming to the community for help with a couple design questions:

**Other than card games, what kind of games or applications would you like to play/make where players are facing each other instead of the TV?

On a related note, what kind of games would you like to have where the players need to investigate scenes and objects from many different angles?**

Holus will be released together with SDKs for Unreal and Unity, I can’t wait to see what you guys will design.

Holus, shown above, is our holographic display, and will be released together with SDKs for both Unity and Unreal. I’m really curious to hear your ideas.

If you would like to learn more about what we do here at H+, and with Holus, go to www.hplustech.com. You can also help us spread the word by lending us your voice in our Thunderclap campaign: ow.ly/NJt5u.

Thanks!

• Michael

For eg this: http://store.steampowered.com/app/65400/
Ie Archon game but done in 3dd with cartoony (wowish) style.
Or scorched earth (shooting cannons) in 3d.

Looks like a good idea for a party game.

Hungry Hungry Hippos Remake.

edit: also, Rock 'em Sock 'em Robots Remake.

For sure party games would work so well :slight_smile:

I would actually love to see this work with a tabletop RPG for map layouts and combat scenes! I could see this being particularly useful for player immersion.

I imagine this would work very well with Table Top Simulator, in the same vein Adam is suggesting.

This tech is really blowing my mind with possibilities! A campfire gaming experience.

The obvious ideas that would be easy to translate would be anything that uses the Holus to represent a playfield or high-level game state. Tabletop RPG’s, traditional board games, card games etc. Most likely players would all be using a private 2nd screen to input their turn/commands.

One game idea that I’m immediately imagining is a visual equivalent to Space Team, where players are monitoring their perspective of the playfield and are calling out when they need help from other players.

I could also see a simple idea where you try to fit a slowly moving square into a square peg. Each player on each side of the screen would have a single control to add force in the direction of their screen. Now make the square peg a spaceship, a truck, a submarine, a surgical tool etc and you could have an interesting multiplayer twist on a lunar lander-esque game.

I think this would be perfect for the board game Catan!

Thank everyone for your ideas!

We are live on Kickstarter! And in the first 20 minutes we reached our goal!
Discover more about the Holus, the SDK and developers tools on our page: Holus: The Interactive Tabletop Holographic Display by hplustech — Kickstarter

Join the holographic era!

Has anyone received their Holus Pro Edition yet ?