Holding CTRL to select vertices = CRASH

When I make an object (additive brush) and then go into geometry mode, I hold CTRL in order to select multiple vertices so I can delete them.
I’ve noticed that holding CTRL also allows you to move selected objects just by clicking anywhere on the screen and dragging.

My issue is that these 2 uses of CTRL get in the way of each other. If I am editing a more complex object, I tend to select many parts/vertices. When I click quickly, the engine tries to move what I’ve selected (sometimes by a few pixels, sometimes more depending on the mouse movement, it’ll catch the slightest mouse movement though). Sometimes stuff moves and I have to Undo (which is also annoying) and sometimes it just causes everything to crash. I’ve sent in multiple bug reports because this happens frequently to me.

So what I’d like to know is if I can unlink to use of CTRL and moving objects? I’d only like CTRL to be for selecting multiple objects (when used with a mouse click), nothing else.

(I’m editing a big object in geometry mode, crashed over 10 times yesterday, losing my slow progress every time until I just gave up because I got too annoyed.)

"So what I’d like to know is if I can unlink to use of CTRL and moving objects? I’d only like CTRL to be for selecting multiple objects (when used with a mouse click), nothing else. "

when you hold CTRL is movement constrained to 1 axis? that’s what happens for me :slight_smile:

Yes movement is constrained to 1 axis. The issue is that this function works anywhere on the screen. (I don’t have to select the “movement arrows”). It interferes with CTRL + mouse click to select multiple things. UE4 is tracking the tiniest movements of my mouse when I hold CTRL and click, many times it will try to do the moving function instead of/before selecting because my mouse moved a tiny bit when I was clicking. Sometimes it then selects what I was trying to select.

When I undo (CTRL + z) I have to do it twice.

Undo Actor Selection
Undo Move

This can sometimes cause lag issues. So much so that if multiple vertices are selected, sometimes the “move” will cause it to crash. If it does not, sometimes undo will cause it to crash.

EDIT: For the sake of clarity.

CTRL + Left mouse button has 2 functions

• Movement constrained to 1 axis
  • Selecting multiple actors, vertices, faces .etc

These 2 interfere with each other.

Hi madmax12ca,

Please post this to the answerhub at http://answers.unrealengine.com for further assistance. Thank you!