(Hobby/Revshare) Looking for a programmer and a 3d artist as partners! (for a "walking simulator")

Hello! I had began working on a game idea about a year ago with a friend from the Netherlands who was an amazing coder/programmer. We had begun working in Unity and then switched to Godot at the time. I’ll be upfront that I am brand new to game development, I am learning, and love learning.

The friend had some life really happen, and we stopped working on that project and at that time a few months ago I also moved and got myself a new PC and started messing with Unreal. I know many people like to keep their ideas secret but I’m just gonna put it all out here because I am really excited with what I’ve learned and done in just about a month, and want to find awesome people to work with.

As far as the game I can do the world design/building, write the script, provide music, and also get the voice actors and take care of the recording. When it comes to making it work, and fully optimizing, the programming etc… I am an idiot and I am slowly starting to learn. I also realize the things I’m lacking are extremely important, so I’ll be clear I’m not trying to boss anyone around, I want a true partner or partners, someone to share ideas with and make some cool ■■■■, I don’t have any attitude or delusions of grandeur, I just love games and designing and bringing things to life. I also plan to keep learning more as time goes on. I put this as hobby because obviously it’s in it’s infancy, but if it becomes what I want it to, I will happily rev share what’s fair and then some, I just want to create.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This project I have tentatively named “The Indiana Project”. The basic premise is back in the 90’s a college football star from Indiana turned pro simultaneously began making large investments that paid off for him and also going off the deep end as a human.

Off the Southern coast of the United States he took all of his savings and started building an island that was going to be his own “Hillbilly Wonderland”. It would be a beautiful island that would have a town, amusements, and everything else needed. All of his friends and family would live there and they would also allow visitors in certain numbers at certain times.

Right as the entire project was close to being finished the man mysteriously died, and the entire project went completely silent. Rumors have swirled from everyone else that was already on the island mysteriously disappeared at the same time, to the island being haunted, to the whole thing being a front for Government activity.

In modern age YouTube and podcasts have given the island an online presence but with the secret location and the guards still patrolling the waters to this day it is near impossible to get to, and especially to get onto. Your brother was obsessed with conspiracies and haunted places, and had recently been telling you he was going to check this place out and has figured out how. He was also a cop who completely disappeared one week ago. It has been all over the news and a big case, but everyone assumes he was kidnapped because of the the gang investigation he was involved in.

While that would of course be possible, you know better, and not just because he told you he was going, because you helped him leave. And now you’re going to go try and figure out what happened on this island.

Gameplay: I am picturing a mix between a “walking simulator” as they seem to be called now but also a good dose of adventure and some horror as well. Nothing too over-the-top, and no crazy action. My idea is that the island itself is kind of it’s own character. I want it to be beautiful, but eerie and quiet, then the game will be more about exploring everything and finding out what happened. It will also be voice driven to give it more emotional depth and humor.

This is of course, a basic premise. I have more specific ideas of where the story could go and also some gameplay loop ideas

Here is the world in progress, obviously you will see areas not filled in or done, it’s a big undertaking and I’ve been doing it every day as I can. Forgive the stutter in the one video, my computer is doing a million things and I need to optimize more as well!

2 videos and pictures of the game world

Hi @BlackShampoo,

Interesting premise. Have you considered developing this ‘walking simulator’ Solo? Plenty of Free Assets in the Marketplace to pull this off Solo. I can offer recommendations for assets that may fit the design goals.

Rev-share Projects are not that attractive. I’ve had very few inquiries. But I get it, a majority of Devs are here to create their own games and no one wants to work for free.

Hey there! I would love to talk more about your ideas, I appreciate that!