HMI Design Challenge

Across the globe, automotive design teams are asking: “how can we use HMI design to make the driver feel adventurous, or luxurious, or sporty?" Now you can be part of the answer.

The Unreal Engine HMI Design Challenge is a community-based challenge where designers and hobbyists can buck traditional human-machine interfaces and give us a glimpse of the future of in-vehicle experiences. The challenge is open and accepting submissions through March 31, 2022.

Learn more about the competition and get started—head over to the competition site at Car Design News.

Also watch our Exploring the New HMI Design Template in Unreal Engine webinar before you dive into the HMI Design Template, which is available on the Unreal Engine Marketplace.

If you have any questions, check out the FAQs at the bottom of the toolkit page, or feel free to post them in the replies below.

Hi there, I am very new to unreal engine and I understand that the template is for the challenge last year, but just wanted to open and tried it out, but I have installed both the version of 5.1 and 4.27 (as the template was built in this version) but when I tried adding the template as a project, it said no longer available, so is there anything I can do to try out the template?