HLOD using World Partition

Has anyone gotten HLOD on a World Partitioned map working?

I’ve followed the instructions listed below:
World Partition | Unreal Engine Documentation

The commandlet runs with no errors, but the logs is not helpful. I can tell the HLOD system is doing something, but not much more than that.

When I run the map and switch to the Hierarchical LOD Visualization, everything is grey. The actors that should be in HLOD are not blue or green. If I move the camera around, I can see that LOD is working, and that they are also being streamed in and out due to the grids.

It’s just the HLOD that seems to not be working.

Unreal 5 currently seems to have 3 different ways of adding an actor into an HLOD layer. Assigning a Data Layer to an HLOD Layer, assigning a default HLOD layer to the map, or assigning an HLOD layer directly to the actor. I’ve tried all 3 approaches, but did not seem to make a difference.

Do I need to do some or all the steps outlined in the standard HLOD system, like the stuff here?
Hierarchical Level of Detail | Unreal Engine Documentation

Thank you,
Fumi

I have been reading the Nanite documentation and it says

• Level of Detail (LOD) is automatically handled and no longer requires manual setup for individual mesh’s LODs

In the article Nanite Virtualized Geometry | Unreal Engine Documentation

UE5 EA is still under development so some old features may have changed from 4.26. This is simply because for example, Tessellation, which can be transferred from a UE4 project and is converted to UE5, but you cannot edit your new UE5 project.

The following rendering features are not currently supported:

• View-specific filtering of objects using:
    • Scene Capture with:
      • Hidden Components
      • Hidden Actors
      • Show Only Components
      • Show Only Actors

I personally like taking the examples in UE4 convert to UE5 then selecting all the Static Meshes to Nanite and run them and see if any errors occur.

You may need to re-learn new ways for UE5 or wait for those to be implemented. There is a lot to test and learn :sunglasses::blush:
Thanks