Dear Epic Staff,
I tried using the HLOD feature and wanted to report a bug.
Reproduced like this:
- Create a new project and place some spheres, cubes and stuff in the scene. I placed 2 groups of 2-3 objects which are in itself close together but the groups quite far apart.
- Activate HLOD feature in World Settings and open the HLOD Outliner. Set Bounds Radious to 400 and click to generate clusters
- It says the Clusters are not built yet, which makes sense, but go to World Settings and deactivate the feature
- You can see the outliner getting greyed out. In this state you would expect the feature to be disabled.
- Start Lighting Build and see the cluster meshes getting generated.
I think this behaviour should be fixed as a user expects the clusters not to be built because the feature is disabled.
Also the clusters are still displayed in the viewport although the setting is disabled (This is before the build process).
This bug is also present in 4.13, not tested in lower versions.