Hitting the world boundaries - Ignoring the landscape boundaries

Hello!

I recently created a heightmap and splatmap using World Machine, and now I’ve encountered a problem.
This is simply a problem because I’m relatively new to UE4, and there’s probably and easy fix.

The landscape looks like this:

As you can see, my character is just floating in the air (this is the character placement from before the landscaping).

Now, when I try to play, the character falls ofcourse, but then suddenly everything freezes. It’s not the engine that freezes, it’s just the character and I believe this has something to do with the “world” boundaries and not the landscape boundaries.

If I lift the landscape to the characters position, he lands on the landscape and is able to run up the hills behind me (not visible on picture), but If I go down on the other side, or the same side as I ran up, the character freezes again.

How can one solve such issue?

check the kill z height value of your map (in the world settings tab), it might be that your actor gets automatically destroyed (and you end up with a spectator camera, which does not continue to fall)

Yup that seems to do the trick. Appreciate it! Thanks!

Its hard to tell in this screenshot, but is your character that big?! Could be a problem if your character’s capsule size is 1 landscape tile in size. I would also advise to set your landscape offset to 0 in the Z axis to make things much easier in terms of level design and spawning.