Hitching when working with Metahumans

Hey everybody,

I’m new to Unreal Engine and game design in general. I’m currently working on building a horror game using a series of tutorials. I’ve created a map and was hoping to use a Metahuman character body for my first person character’s body. I followed some tutorials in order to rig the Metahuman to the third person model provided by Unreal, then attached the camera to parent “head.”

I’ve noticed that when using the Metahuman as my playable character in the game mode, I get a lot of hitching, but when I use the default 1st person model this doesn’t occur. I’ve also tested this in the default map opposed to my custom created map. This issue still occurs.

In my level map, the game runs around 45-60fps (not great I know but still working on cleaning some things up) and randomly drops to 15 fps when playing as the Metahuman. It maintains a consistent 45-60 when not using the Metahuman. In the default world, I’m getting 120fps consistently, unless if my player character is a Metahuman which again causes it to randomly, and quickly spike down to 15fps, typically for a millisecond. Any suggestions on how I can still use the Metahuman but correct this issue?

Thanks!