Hitching / Stuttering Basic Level in Editor

I just started working with UE4 and I followed a tutorial to get a default level going and adding one character with a static cube mesh. I then set up some controls via C++ and blueprints.

Most of the time I get 130ish FPS when I press play, but if I rotate the camera, every so often it stutters down to about 20fps.

I have a 1080ti so I can’t imagine this level with nothing in it is slowing me down. The one variable that is going to throw a wrench into your answers may be that I’m running in QEMU KVM virtual machine with 6 of my 8 cores and 2 threads per core assigned to it. The disk is an NVME SSD, and it and GPU are passed through and are natively used by the VM (not using virtualized GPU or storage).

16GB memory assigned to vm.

I found this post when I was having a really bad stutter issue, so I’ll drop my reply here despite it being almost 3 years old now. Make sure your character’s CharacterMovement Component is set to NOT REPLICATE in the editor. If you forget this and replicate the character movement component, what will happen is the local client will perform movement for it’s local prediction and the server will periodically send it’s calculated position down to the client over writing the client’s predicted position. When running locally it’s almost imperceptible, but if you add 50ms of lag using the PktLag CVar, you will get horrible rubber banding.