Hit reaction & Ragdoll Conflict

[Video Link][1]

Hello all, thanks for reading. I’ve added the hit reaction from the Unreal Content Example project (under the “Physical Animation” map) into my personal project. I managed to get the enemy to react to my line traces.
Next, in addition to have physical hit reaction, I wanted the enemies to ragdoll + impulse on death. However, there seems to be a problem that happens about 1 out of 6 times, where the enemy mesh spins towards the direction of the impulse and stays in idle animation.

I’ve tried setting boolean checks so that the ragdoll & impulse only happens after the enemy is dead, and i’ve also tried using a sequencer so that the impulse occurs after the hit reaction function is called. If I disable hit reaction, the ragdoll and impulse work perfectly fine. I know the issue is with hit reaction but i’m not sure what of it, hope someone can point me in the right direction! Thanks.

Here’s how i trigger both events from my player BP:

I’ve just found the bit that’s causing the issue. it appears that inside the enemy BP, it is still updating hit reactions even at the moment the enemy dies, so occasionally it resets the animation mid-ragdoll. Looking for a fix now.