Hawk-Eye are looking for a 3D Generalist Artist working in Unreal Engine working to develop photo-realistic virtual replays for elite sports that will be broadcasted on a global scale for huge clients.
Contract type: Freelance or Fixed Term contract for 2-3 months
Location: Open to location (offices in Basingstoke and London but can consider outside of these areas)
TO APPLY: Apply online: Unreal Artist - Basingstoke, UK | Hawk-Eye Innovations Careers
OR drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Hawk-Eye Innovations are excited to be growing our Art team and recruit talented Unreal Artists and Generalists.
This is a unique opportunity to join a team that are developing photo realistic virtual replays for broadcast and OTT platforms, on a global scale for big name clients across various sports including football, basketball, baseball and more.
We are working very closely with EPIC Games and other partners to create engaging virtual worlds and innovating to produce life-like avatars using the data from our state of the art skeletal tracking system.
You will work closely with the Product and Solution teams to develop an in-depth understanding of our creative requirements, while also building a technical relationship with our engineering team.
Key Responsibilities >>
- Play an influential role in the creative process;
- Create rigged characters for real time virtual production;
- Create models and virtual worlds for various sports, including texturing and materials;
- Develop innovative solutions to unique visual problems;
- Develop relationships with stakeholders, including internal teams and external partners.
Skills, Knowledge and Expertise >>
- Working knowledge of Maya and Unreal Engine (or other real-time rendering software)
- Working knowledge of Substance Designer & Painter or Z-brush
- Experience of using artistic and technical skills to deliver all aspects of CG or Animated shots through, modelling, shading, texturing, lighting, FX and rendering
- Demonstrable experience of creating character models, and textures, ideally in a visual effects or gaming company
- Demonstrable experience and knowledge of rigging, cloth, hair and flesh simulations and a strong understanding of anatomy
- Understanding of performance restraints, polygon limits, topology
Preferred Experience (In addition to minimum) >>
- Meta-Human experience;
- Experience in the broadcast industry;
You’ll be amazed at what we do >>
Hawk-Eye Innovations develops, markets, and delivers the most sophisticated officiating tools in sport. We are a Sony company and are a fundamental part of officiating and broadcasting in over 25 international sports across our Ball and Player Tracking, SMART (Synchronised Multi-Angle Replay Technology) and SMART Production products. Every year we cover over 30,000 events and games across 500+ stadiums in over 90 countries.