Nexon, a world leader in online games, is building a workplace based on mutual respect, good humor, and the pursuit of excellence because we believe that great games can only be built by amazing people. Our vision is to create high quality, innovative online games that create unforgettable experiences for players around the world.
Nexon America is a leader in online gaming and award-winning publisher of renowned MMORPGs MapleStory, Mabinogi and Vindictus, which have gone on to break records and captivate players, and the company was recognized as a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company in February 2021. With new projects on the horizon, Nexon America maintains the pioneering and innovative spirit of its parent company, Nexon, employing its player-first approach, while designing the best possible gameplay experiences for the western market.
The Capture Artist/Video Editor is responsible for capturing gameplay for PC and Mobile trailers and videos, as well as editing trailers and live-action videos for marketing campaigns and social media.
- Captures gameplay footage. Has expertise and experience in shot composition and game client capture tools. Experience capturing/creating shots in Unreal Engine. Ability to use Unreal Engine camera tools and Unreal Sequencer.
- Edit engaging trailers for Nexon game services/and corporate/and marketing needs. Works with Producers, Editors, Motion Graphic Designers and Art Designers to conceive and edit videos. Compressing and exporting various video and audio files for implementation in the game, and for delivery to internal departments and external partners.
- Editing and finishing studio & green screen community videos. Assist with studio and/or on location shoots, as well as scrubbing shoot footage.
- Work with Creative, Marketing, and Production to help realize the best vision, quality, and creativity of all video content.
- Clarifies briefs/jiras/production parameters, follows brand and style guides, and details technical specifications. Proactively communicates directions, options, and concepts. Provides expertise to projects by keeping current around trends in multimedia, film and/or video production and tools.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2+ years work experience in digital video production (pre and post-production)
- Experience with game engines (specifically Unreal Engine) and game development tools to capture gameplay footage and create custom cinematic gameplay shots
- Video editing and online video distribution experience
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
- Degree in Multimedia, Film and/or Video production, or equivalent experience is preferred but not required
- 2+ year experience with Adobe Premiere and other relevant Adobe Creative Suite Apps
- Knowledge of Unreal and other game engines (basic knowledge of Maya or Max 3D software a plus)
- Ability to stage dramatic, cinematic gameplay shots
- Organized and detail-oriented self-starter
- Ability to work well in a high-pressure environment as a member of a team
- Open to direction, feedback and iteration in a collaborative environment
- Basic knowledge of Non-Linear Editing software, particularly Adobe Premiere
- Basic knowledge of various digital video codecs, file formats and encoding
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional project and time management with ability to work on many projects concurrently, while consistently able to establish clear goals, timelines, and processes for projects
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills with demonstrated ability to collaborate with a variety of teams and stakeholders inside and outside of our organization
- A passion for gaming and creative editing, along with a positive attitude
Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at any time.
Nexon’s benefits and perks:
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans for you, your spouse or domestic partner and your children. Employees who enroll in the high deductible health plan receive an annual employer contribution to a health savings account and company-paid hospital indemnity benefits. We also provide company-paid life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability benefits as well as access to voluntary life and AD&D for yourself and your dependents, flexible spending accounts, a 401(k) savings plan with a company match, and pet insurance. Nexies are encouraged to take advantage of our monthly wellness credit, participate in lunchtime yoga, and enroll in language classes. We host bi-monthly catered lunches, monthly happy hours, and maintain a well-stocked snack bar. To help you maintain a good work life balance, we offer paid time off, sick days, company holidays, and a year-end break.
Nexon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.