Boon is an early stage startup transforming sales and training in virtual reality. It is an immersive, interactive Platform where Enterprises train their customers using VR/AR technology. Our beta is being used by medical device companies to train physicians and nurses on surgeries and cathlab procedures! Boon has secured significant customers for the Platform.
Come join us as we disrupt industries with VR/AR, starting with healthcare.
Role : Senior Unreal Engineer (Full-Time, starting from mid-May 2017)
Location : San Francisco / Bay Area
WE ARE SEEKING A HIGHLY MOTIVATED AND CREATIVE FRONT END ENGINEER TO DESIGN AND IMPLEMENT BOON’S IMMERSIVE & INTERACTIVE VIRTUAL REALITY PLATFORM.
The job requires architecting and implementing a real time interactive engine within the 360 video environment, with training specific navigation and annotation, You will be working with the System Architects and UI engineers to implement the Unity/Unreal based Frontend Interface for iOS and Android platforms. You will also be responsible for performance analysis for low latency, high throughput content delivery for the client platform.
The ideal candidate is technically strong with a passion to design and implement virtual reality interfaces with high degree of interactivity, personalization, and real time responsiveness. Technical skills are important, but so are persistence, patience and communication.
- Drive business critical features from idea to implementation
- Define architecture and implement low latency, high reliability, interactive Frontend with VR video environment based on Unreal Engine
- Ensure that the design is portable & scalable to different mobile platforms
- Lead the resolution of critical technical issues, providing prompt and complete analysis of technical challenges
- Share best practices with team members to enhance the quality and efficiency
- Keep up to date with latest market trends and developments in-scope for interactive VR interfaces (gesture tracking, volumetric content, and haptics are a few examples)
- Consider the introduction of new and future technology
- Document solutions and best practices.
- BSCS or MSCS with 2+ years’ experience in architecture and design of real time interactive systems
- Deep knowledge of Unreal engine; optimization of 3D rendering on mobile platforms
- Experienced in implementing visual solutions for mobile platforms
- Strong understanding of streaming video, video players, 3D graphics, UI design, Unreal Motion Graphics (UMG)
- Able to modify Unreal Engine source code
- Languages - C, C++, C#; Oss - iOS and Android
- Familiarity with encoders (cube-mapping, pyramid-transform) - PREFERRED NOT REQUIRED
- Familiarity with modern web security and defensive design techniques.
- Able to design stable, robust systems; disaster recovery plans; operations planning
- Good knowledge and experience on software quality process/assurance including automation testing, unit/integration testing, design/code review, code profiling and software continuous integration (CI)
- Excellent Communication Skills (written and verbal)