High level logic for blind firing in first person around cover?

I thought it would be interesting to see how it would feel to take cover and blind fire around cover in first person. I haven’t been able to find any examples of coding this even in third person. So I’m stuck on what components I would need to manipulate with blueprint / C++ code to see how to approach / implement this.

Can anyone take a stab at outlining the high level actions needed for this with me?

Logic I have:

If in cover and player is in a shoot able position (e.g. gun can go around cover), if the left mouse button is clicked, execute blind fire method.

I’m lost as to what would go into the blind fire method and detecting the shoot able position. Should a first person animation play allowing the player to pivot the their weapon from a fixed position: left, right, up, and down?

Here’s a video example of it in a UE3 game - Red Orchestra 2 | Blindfiring All weapons - YouTube

Do 4 Line trace in forward direction once shoot button is pressed.one in camera location .second in cameralocation +(0,0,50),third in cameralocation +(50,0,0).fourth in cameralocation +(-50,0,0).this way you can know if one of directions is free and one is blocked by cover.first do from camera which is normal shooting location and if it was not blocked untill a reasonable distance do normal shoot.else trace to see which direction is free and play a anim for that direction and shoot . this is a hard feature specially in anim part and might take a while to implement.
p.s change 50 based on need.