Hierarchical Level of Detail HLOD and World Partition

Hi guys, I made another post where I was reflecting on World Partition issues and asking about your experience with Level Streaming for an open world multiplayer, this other post goes hand in hand with the other one.

I am struggling with building HLOD in World Partition, I have read other posts related to this but with poor results, the Unreal documentation is very old even lacking explanations regarding the new Approximated Mesh (which I found out from a video that server for nanites) and Custom options.

Let’s get to the action, despite I disabled virtual textures which I know for sure disturb the build, I set the cell size and loading range 128000 both in the world settings of the world partition and in the hlod, I set Max LODLevel to 5 and LOD 0 Screen Size to 2.5 in the Landscape details, I removed the nanites completely, deselected complicated actors like volumes or bp, left only instance foliage and static mesh, the build fails miserably despite doing a build of about 35 minutes, I can’t find explanations in the log file.

I have tried both Instancing, Merged Mesh and Simplified Mesh.

I even removed the parent layer just in case.

Nothing seems to create the HLODs properly. So now the question is. Did any of you succeed? What kind of options did you use?

I attach a few screens: