Hi Guys! Totally new with UDK and Want to make a lowflying shooting drone..

As I said, Im going to remodel an old drone model I have, but I have no idea how to make it fly or shoot? I want it to move as the original UTpawn, Just for fun I tried to make the UTpawn fly, but the Bot just did fall down on the ground, even though I set it to flying object… NO PROGRAMMING FOR ME! So please, explain how to do this in Kismet. Thanks!
:slight_smile:

Don’t use the utpawn.Use the cicada skeleton for the dron as it can shoot and has all the physics ready.

might as well just use UE4 instead of UDK :slight_smile:

Yea, but the cicada needs a character to fly, how do I solve that? It also has a diffrent shape compare from My small Drone. If I make a custom skeleton, wourld it be hard to make it follow waypoints and shoot??? About UE4. Making an AI in UE4 is very complicated even with UE4s “Kismet”. Im just a simple graphics artist so UE4 is just to comlicated for Me sadly! I have seen pros making AIs in UE4 and the result was very crappy, and that after a very big job…

using kismet to make a vehicle follow waypoints is tricky and unreliable.its quite easy to do it in script though.

example UDK Forums Update - UDK Content Creation and Design - Epic Developer Community Forums