HG Sacred Geometry Series

Hey everyone. :wink:

We continue the release of high quality asset packs with the “HG Sacred Geometry Decals Series”. This new series is dedicated to Sacred Geometry designs both actual and fictional.

Volume 1 consists of 88 Sacred Geometry decal designs. Based on actual Sacred Geometry designs as well as fictional ones.

Volume 2 under development.

All volumes include the same master materials. One typical Deferred Decal material with **Translucent **blend mode, one with DBuffer **Translucent Color, Normal, Roughness **blend mode selected and one in the User Interface Domain in case you want to use the decals with a widget.You can also add Scratches (3 grunge textures are provided) and a custom normal map to change the appearance of the decals. Parameters are already included in the materials.

We took extra care to make them sharp and readable in all circumstances and with as little artifacts as possible.

TECHNICAL DETAILS

Texture Resolutions:

• 512 x 512
  • 1024 x 1024
  • 2048 x 2048
  • 3072 x 3072
  • 4096 x 4096

Number of Master Materials: 3
Number of Material Instances: 88
Number of Textures: 92

Supported Development Platforms: Windows, macOS

Intended Development Platforms: Windows, macOS, Linux, PS4, XBox One, Switch

Tested Platforms: Windows, macOS

Unreal Engine Versions Supported: 4.18 - 4.19

All the decals were designed by Mehmet Reha Tugcu.

OVERVIEW

**Volume 1

Volume 2

Price 19.99$****
**Please note that prices in Euro may fluctuate due to the Dollar - Euro exchange rate.

Available here

NOTE: For fellow devs who are using older UE4 versions and still face some issues with DBuffer Decals please read** this solution.**

Please leave your comments below to help us become better. Thank you.

Cheers.

Nice cave :wink:

Yeah, I hear it was created by a very talented young man. ;):p:cool:

@**Sutorcen

I noticed when I loaded the example map that the decals are blank and when I checked the Decals_Base there’s no texture set for the scratches.

Is there something I’m supposed to set for the scratches texture, because when I set it to the same decal number (No matter which texture res) only half the image appears and it’s just white, no scratch relief. This is on a fresh 4.18 project btw. Did I miss a step?**

Sorry for the delayed response. I checked the asset pack and there is indeed an issue with the Grunge textures. Apparently they were cut during release. What happened is although the update got approved and was uploaded to the marketplace servers the files were cut, without any warning. I am trying to resolve the issue as we speak. For the time being please send me an email and I will send you the missing textures. I apologize for any inconvenience this might have caused.

**Update: **I also sent you the link as a private message.

HG Sacred Geometry Decals Volume 1 - Update 1 has been submitted to fix an issue with the Grunge textures.

HG Sacred Geometry Decals Volume 1 - Update 1 has been released.

Update Notes:

Replaced the missing textures that were cut due to a glitch during their upload to the marketplace servers. The Grunge textures should appear in the Assets Browser again as they should once you update and re-import the asset pack into your project.

Added a Non D-Buffer base materia**l.

CAUTION: **The file structure of **HG Sacred Geometry Decals Volume 1 **has changed so before you re-import the asset pack into your project make sure you delete the already imported assets of the **HG Sacred Geometry Decals Volume 1. **In case you don’t want or can’t change the file structure of your project you can still import the updated files. Here’s how:

Option 1.

Create a new project using the same or a lower version of Unreal Engine as the project that already contains the **HG Sacred Geometry Decals Volume 1. **Then simply migrate the Grunge folder (located inside the Textures folder) and the M_Decals_Base_NoDB base material (located inside the Materials folder) to your project that already contains the HG Sacred Geometry Decals Volume 1. You might need to replace the texture samples inside the **M_Decals_Base_NoDB **with other textures in order to be able to delete the extra assets that got migrated over due to the file structure change. You see the assets you just migrated have references in other locations as the ones inside your project and that’s why some extra files and folders were also migrated.

Option 2.

Navigate to your Vault Cache folder. Locate the **HG Sacred Geometry Decals Volume 1 **it should have a name similar to “HGScarededb -with a lot of alphanumeric characters-”. Navigate to data->content->HG_Sacred_Geometry->Textures->Grunge and copy this folder and paste it into your project at Your_Project->Contents->Textures (create this folder if it doesn’t exist)

Do the same for the material. Locate the **HG Sacred Geometry Decals Volume 1 **it should have a name similar to “HGScarededb -with a lot of alphanumeric characters-”. Navigate to data->content->HG_Sacred_Geometry->Materials and copy the files M_Decals_Base_NoDB.uasset and M_Decals_Base_Inst.uasset and paste them into your project at Your_Project->Contents->Materials. There is a slight change the Texture Samples inside the **M_Decals_Base_NoDB **material will lose their references. Simple reassign new textures and they should work as intended.

Due to a mix up with the Marketplace stuff, **HG Sacred Geometry Decals Volume 1 **has been erroneously removed from the marketplace temporarily. I’m working to fix this error and bring the product back. Instead of changing the status of **HG Sacred Geometry Decals Volume 2 **to “Changes Needed” they did that to **HG Sacred Geometry Decals Volume 1 **which in turn removed it from the marketplace. HG Sacred Geometry Decals Volume 1 will be with you again soon.

**HG Sacred Geometry Decals Volume 1 is available again for purchase and HG Sacred Geometry Decals Volume 2 **has been released to the wild.

HG Sacred Geometry Decals Volume 3 and** HG Sacred Geometry Decals Bundle **have been approved and will be released soon so stay tuned. Here’s a screenshot to wet your appetite.

**HG Sacred Geometry Decals Volume 3 **has been released and you can get it here.

All asset packs were updated to work with 4.21.

Our decals now work on MOBILE. Just make sure you are using the M_Decals_Base_NoDB material. Cheers

We are gathering all the asset packs in a new topic for ease of keeping track with news and updates regarding out Decal series.

Please follow this> link. Don’t forget top resubscribe to the new topic. Thank you.