Heresy | Canto1: The Forsaken Path | Unreal Challenge Creep It Real

Heresy | Canto1: The Forsaken Path | Unreal Engine 5 Cinematic

Link to 60s Teaser Cut:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Tfx5aj5anY
Link to Full Length Concept Cinematic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKEo57vzE1M

Student Submission: No

Here is a project using an environment I paused a while back but the competition gave me the drive to dust it off and finish it. Its a concept for a 4 part dark fantasy cinematic in unreal engine 5.

I am aware the length of the video was too long so I made a 60s teaser cut.
I collaborated with a friend James Haque on the audio. Enjoy!

Credits to sourced content:
Megascans: Small rocks
Paragon Steel: Final enemy
Mixamo: Assorted animations
Audio: James Haque

Engine version
UE5.0

7 Likes

these visuals are on point!! awesome work

2 Likes

thanks! @SeijiAnderson much appreciated. Its been a bit of a process trying to get all the elements in quickly.

1 Like

Nice :dizzy_face:

1 Like

Hey @FloydBillingy, great stuff!

Please be sure to double-check the submission criteria, currently, your entry would not be eligible as the video submission has to be between 10-60 seconds long.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hay! Thanks for the heads up. I couldn’t think of any meaningful way to shorten it in engine without torpedoing the story so I think I’ll maybe just be happy the contest gave me the energy to finish this off. If I can come up with something before the deadline I will though.

2 Likes

Looks great! love the atmosphere and architecture!

2 Likes

Wow, what a visually stunning scene! I’m glad this month’s challenge allowed this project to receive the breath of life it deserved. You did a fantastic job with this creation; thanks for sharing. :grin:

hay! I added a 60 second version in the original post. It kind of works I think.

Fantastic work! The set dressing, lighting and atmospherics, scene composition, and sound effects are really great.

2 Likes

Thank you!

Wow! that was scary