Help With "Tick When Paused". Element still pausing when box is Checked in blueprint

Hi!
At the moment i’ve been trying to un-pause only certain elements in my game when pausing.
As a test scene i have a rotating cube that should keep rotating when pausing my game. But i seems i don’t really understand what is going on, as i think i did everything correct and the cube is not rotating when paused.
ezgif.com-gif-maker

Here are my Blueprints:

LevelBlueprint:

RotatingCube Blueprint:

As far as i understand it should be pretty simple. just check the “Tick Even When Paused” box but it doesn’t seem to do anything, as my Cube just stops rotating when i press P to pause my game.

Could someone explain what i’m doing wrong here?

The end goal here is to pause the main game for a mini game to start. i am just using this as a prototype to see if what im trying is possible or not. if anybody has any suggestions i’m open to everything.

Hi,
have you tried this for the Input?:

1 Like

Also, maybe this is helpful:

1 Like

Yes, i have the same box checked.
I’ve also checked out that video beforehand, but it doesn’t offer me any answers sadly…

Really weird…
Maybe: Have you tried setting “Enable Tick while paused” via a) Construction Script and/or b) via BeginPlay?

1 Like

Hey! so i managed to get the result i wanted by setting a Set Tickable when Paused node after Event Tick like this:

thanks for you help, but its still unclear to me why checking the box didn’t work since its should have the same functionality (from what i understand).

I also noticed that the rotating box in my game isn’t being rendered properly when pausing my game. whilst rotating the edges seem to behave weirdly. Would anybody know why and how i could prevent it from happening?
ezgif.com-gif-maker (1)

1 Like