Help with Team/Tribe Spawning

I’m trying to make a team-oriented gametype and I am having trouble figuring out how to use specific Player Starts for each team. Looking over Unreal forums and answers, most of them say to use C++ the others are somewhat complex. Seeing that Ark already uses Spawn Regions for each section of TheIsland, I figured it would be easier to assign a team to a Spawn Region. So I guess the question is, how do I specify a Spawn Region for a player/team to spawn at?

For instance, I would use three spawn regions.

0 - Default (teamless)

1 - Team 1

2 - Team 2

I’d like to do this through the use of a UI, but I’m open to anything. I tried searching here and didn’t find anything Ark specific about player respawning. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Typically this needs to be done through code. If you look at the sotf_gamestate it shows a good example. Basically what it does is it figures out whos in each others tribe, gets the proper spawn nodes and spawns them there.

I wanna do something similar and I thought one could use the existing Tribe system for that. Problem is that you can’t really control it since players can join, leave and create Tribes when ever they want. We also can’t force players in Tribes that don’t exist at the start of the game. As far as I know there is no way of creating a Tribe within Blueprints.

Doing a new Team system would be possible, but it would conflict with the Tribe system and the systems that make use of the Tribe system like turrets, tammed dinos, etc.

@everyone & WildcardStudios: Did I overlook something or am I right that this is not working right now? It’s really blocking me right now. I made a similar request/question thread a few moments before that one here got created. Putting players into tribes on spawn. - ARK: Survival Evolved - Unreal Engine Forums

That would be super sucky if we don’t have full control of tribes. In fact it makes many MANY game modes impossible.

Found a way to add people to an existing Tribe. Still can’t create one in script. Even the HUD widgets end in nowhere.

Looked through everything I can think of. Not sure where else to look. How did you add someone to an existing tribe? And do you happen to know what the difference is between Tribe Data and Battle Tribe Data?

Copy this into your gamestate. This should give you an idea of how to do.
http://pastebin.com/UM4AYEFP (link will be available for 1 month)

About BattleTribeData:
These are just used to transfer informations to the SOTF hud elements. They are not hooked up to any gameplay systems.

Thanks for this. I’ll check it out.