Download

Help with setting up dual weilding swords

I’m having trouble equipping both swords to my character. I thought of using a sequence node, but it switches between the Equip Socket R, and Equip Socket L when I put a return node on either line. I’ve placed Weapon Sockets for each weapon and in the preview they show correctly. Any help would be much appreciate it. I feel like its probably a simple fix. I just can’t figure it out.

  • Spawn two sword meshes, attach one to the left hand, and one to the right hand.

OR, and I suggest this

-Create a blueprint “DualSword”, and have two meshes in it. You can spawn this blueprint and attach the two sword meshes individually to left and right hand.

I actually just thought about this. So in my blueprint actor I need to add two mesh components correct?

Well… yes. One mesh can only exist at one location.

That’s fair. See I figured it was simple made it more complicated than it needed to be.

@STRiFE278 I created an addition mesh under my weapon_sword blueprint, but wasn’t sure how to add it to my ThirdPersonCharacter blueprint. Is this the right place to add the second mesh? I would assume so but I’m not too sure. When I created the two meshes they are right one top of each other as well is that correct?

How do I go about doing this?

“Create a blueprint “DualSword”, and have two meshes in it. You can spawn this blueprint and attach the two sword meshes individually to left and right hand.”

When I create two meshes in the Master weapon they stack.

This is currently where I am at:

I have the Equip Function equipping the weapons based off the equip sockets that I set for each mesh.

I’ve copied both my Equip Function and my PickUp Event. To give you an idea of where I am.

Here is a video of what is happening. I feel like I’m close because both weapons show up but on one stays. I also changed the color of both weapons and in the video it only shows the blue sword even though there is a yellow one on one hand.

All,

I FIXED THE PROBLEM!!! I just went back, starting from scratch and created everything separately for the RH and LH. That was the easiest way to do it, for me any way. Thank you everyone who helped out.