Help with packaging first game for Android

Hi there. I’m in the process of completing an independent study on game production, following along with the book Learning Unreal Engine Android Game Development by Nitish Misra. I’ve got a game made (just a demo game based on the book’s instructions) but I am having a very difficult time getting it to package. I continue to get the error “UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ETC1)): ERROR: DistributionSigning settings are not all set.”

I’ve spent a few hours trying to troubleshoot and ensure I have the right APKs etc., but I’m really at my wit’s end. If anybody thinks they could help me troubleshoot this (and can be patient with a new UE4 user!) I would be very, very appreciative. Thanks in advance!

Hello,

You should generate your signing distribution certificate. How to do this you can find here: https://developer.android.com/studio…ml#releasemode

Then place your generated certificate under the path: <Project>/Build/Android and setup certificate details in Project Settings -> Platforms -> Android -> Distribution Signing.