Help with my fighting game

Hello, everyone.
I’m new to Unreal Engine 4 and I’m learning how to use it. It came to my mind to make a Street -style fighting game, but I got some problems while I tried to make it.

• How do I make a 2D prespective in my game?
  • How do I prepare the inputs for my game?
  • How do I make a decent HUD and “power” meter?
  • How do I make my own effects if the ones provided for me in the Engine are the most suited for what I’m going for?

These are currently the only problems I have (I’m sorry if they’re too many, I don’t mean to exagerate on my first post), and I’d aprecciate if someone could help me with these problems. I’ve searched everywhere (I think…), but unfortunately it didn’t help me at all. Anyways, I’ll wait for feedback on this.

Thanks in advance. :slight_smile:

1. take a look at the 2d project template :slight_smile:
  2. it depends what you exactly mean → you can either just directly use keys (e.g E) or you create an input in your projects settings (e.g when you press E and input called PressedE will be played) → (this tutorial teaches you everything that you have to know to create a character + inputs)
  3. take a look at UMG UMG UI Designer for Unreal Engine | Unreal Engine 5.1 Documentation + ?v=vpMKFkhDXuQ (for a power meter)
  4. take a look at the cascade documentation: Creating Visual Effects in Niagara for Unreal Engine | Unreal Engine 5.1 Documentation + Creating Visual Effects in Niagara for Unreal Engine | Unreal Engine 5.1 Documentation

Thank you for your response, . It was of great help, but regarding the first topic, my issue is precisely what you said: I can’t seem to find the 2d project template, I don’t know if it’s incorporated in the Engine, so could you please tell me where I can access it (if there is one)? I’d appreciate it. Thank you for your help on the other topics too, by the way. They’ve cleared many of my doubts regarding the Engine’s functionality. :slight_smile:

Just click onto the “launch” button in the launcher - now in the project window you can choose the 2d template :slight_smile: