Help with making a dynamic camera for 3rd person game help.

Hi guys,

I need some help again.
I want to create a camera system that pulls in and out in world space, depending on the location of the player in world space.

For example, Little Nightmares Gameplay Walkthrough FULL GAME (no commentary) - YouTube

In little nightmares. If the player walks forward, the camera moves out more, but if they walk backwards instead, the camera pulls in.

From all my web searching I found this:
https://forums.unrealengine.com/comm…r)-Early-Demo=

This would have been perfect, but unfortunately the creator stopped working on it.

There are two things I’m trying to figure out.

• How to do distance based blending on a camera that tracks the player (like the linked little nightmares video)
  • How to limit player control during the camera sequence

I have followed a range of youtube tutorials, but I have yet to find or make anything that truly does what I want it to do.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi man,
its quite simple.

For blend camera positions.
The hard part is define the position and rotation of the camera, but lets say that you place in your blueprint 2 scene component.
One close , one far away from character.
you can blend from these 2 position, getting theyr location and using LerpVector,
This node use a value from 0, to 1 to blend the vectors, so i used some component to show you that you can get the location of player and a position where you want that camera is closeup.
Get the difference between them and get the Lenght , greater the result is, greater the distance from the focal point.
so Dividing it you can have a valuei to put in the lerp.