Help with Help regarding 4.24.1

Hello, I was hoping I could get some assistance carrying out instructions that were sent to me from Epic Games directly. Initially I posted the problem here in the forum section titled “Feedback for Unreal Engine team”. I was told to submit a bug report, which I did, and I got a message from a member of the unreal team telling me:

Now when I go to that page it offers solutions that I’m not sure how to implement and I was hoping for some help over here. I responded telling them this but no luck as of yet.

Straight to the point and or for those tldr:
I don’t really know how to run the engine with the options such as -XXX(like -dx12). The other options like using Forward Rendering, and “Setting GRHINeedsExtraDeletionLatency=1 for DX11” are also things I don’t know how to do. Can you give me some instructions on how to try doing some of these options?

4.24 is the only version of the unreal engine that has just randomly crashed consistently and for no apparent reason. I would be so indebted for help here. Thanks so much guys.

Not sure, but I think the -XXXs are just added to the execution command:

UE4Editor.exe -dx12

or in the desktop link, in the target line:

“path to unreal\UE4Editor.exe” -dx12

Actually after more exhausting searching I found these executables. They are many and I am not sure which one to use and how to add those command line options. Can anyone help?

Try first the UE4Editor.exe to start a new project and open the editor.

Right-click UE4Editor.exe and choose Send To > Desktop (create shortcut)

Right-click the new shortcut, choose Properties. On the shotcut tab, in the Target field, add the -xxx parameter (of your choosing). Click Apply and OK. Run the shortcut.

If this doesn’t help, remember to remove the -xxx you added, or delete the shortcut.

Thanks for the info Stephen, I was able to do it before I saw your post, after detailed searches on the net. I’ve tried the options of adding parameters as recommended by Trey at this page : Unreal Engine Issues and Bug Tracker (UE-51650) . However I’ve had no success. I still keep getting this general directX issue causing the crash even when I use the opengl extension, one of many of the options. (Unreal Engine is exiting due to D3D device being lost. (Error: 0x887A0020 - ‘INTERNAL_ERROR’) )

Again, I’ve never had this with any version of unreal, and I’ve been using UE4 for years. So I mean, am I going to have to throw in the towel, never to be able to use any version of UE4 4.24 and beyond? I’m really in despair here. I don’t want to go back to unity, and I’ve put in so much time using UE4 and spent so much money getting assets. I am really depressed about this. If you guys have any lifelines left to keep me in the game, please let me know…please.

Did you tried upgrading to the latest graphic cards driver yet?

Yes, I always keep my video card updated. *I *have the NVIDIA Geforce experience/Control panel in my taskbar running and it always keeps me up with the latest drivers. I’ve confirmed this with manual checks also. I have the Geforce GTX 1080.