Help with getting Mixamo characters into Unreal

ok an update on the above work round, i’ve just imported a collada file which is fine into blender but …

1. remember the scale differance , where the standard miximo fbx file imports at the right size the collada file into blender needs to be scaled up by 100.
  2. if you use the above then you need to do the same for you mesh and anims.
  3. using the above you can edit save export the anims at the correct length
  4. if required i’ll do a video showing whats require

btw if you use the above then you can easily remove the forward movement of the anims

Yo GeoDav!
As usual, you are ahead of me on the latest with blender and the .fbx import changes for version 2.72. I guess the thing to think about is that while things may not be perfect, they are moving together quite nicely. So I do believe that down the road we will have most of these problems fixed. In the meantime, I guess collada will have to do.

BTW, have you had a chance to update your UE4 vehicle tutorials yet? They mentioned that you don’t have to put a skeleton in a vehicle these days but I can wrap my brain around how that can be done. I mean, if I want vehicle animations, how do you do that without a skeleton? They also mentioned that your wheels have to have the pivot point at 0,0,0 coordinate. So does that mean you import the vehicle as separate objects, one body mesh, four wheel meshes??

Hi Ya ! This is Brucer from Boise.
Glad to see you made it over to the forum! It’s great to have you with us!

BTW, do you remember that “Rolling-Hills” UDK demo I sent your direction about a month ago? I decided to play the level today with the soundtrack from the old Jame Bond movie “The Living Daylights” and boy, was that a great move! I’m still laughing about how well those two items paired up!

Guys,
Here’s the link to the Mixamo blog spot for more info on today’s UE4 support announcement from Mixamo!

http://blog.mixamo.com/get-mixamos-new-free-pack-in-the-unreal-engine-4-marketplace

The new characters are very nice, and I already integrated them into my current project for testing.
For some reason I thought that the retarget animations between these characters and created in fuse would work well, but they dont do it.
Does anyone know a workflow to test some of the new animations in Fuse Characters?

Thank you. -

edit:
this is what i get trying to retarget:

d684864281923cfae94a90d0d8e1ebd949ca374d.jpeg

Dammit. I have Fuse and was thinking about re-working them to try with the new Mixamo marketplace asset. I will try tonight anyway. Did you rigged your Fuse character on the Mixamo site?

Found footage:

IIIIIIIIII can’t wait to see what else you guys do XD

lmao now do it with the goblin :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

should add the samba and the old jazz dance routines in there

Yes i did, I assumed that with the UE4 retarget option it would be simple, but it was not.
Please let me know if you can make the Fuse characters , with Mixamo s autorig , work well with Mixamo animations from Marketspace (aaagh sorry for my English)

thank you

exactly… How can I do to set this specific animation (or others animations in general) to another character like a goblin etc???

ok here’s a video showing how to do it with some of the other meshs

yes they work the same as i show in the video, i did have some hand/finger issues using the vampire_run anim but i then tried another more human and that worked fine

@Alexarg try using the mixamo_adam anims

great video thanks so much…

a new question about that… if I have othres mixamo animations bought and rigged external character(not mixamo)…is there a way I can retarget these anims to my rigged characters??

Gee, I wonder where this kind of silliness started?

if they use the same rig then yes it should work, if the rig is different then no, you’d have to use an outside programm to re-target the anim

SO suppose I rig all my models (imported, created in fuse or other softwares) in mixamo I can use same animations fbx fiels to animate them?

and if I have other rigged characters or not rigged too, I must create my own rig …and can I eventually export the rig I have from mixamo character to rig other models ???

which software I must use t odo that?? I heard about motion builder from autodesk and I know there are some plugins for maya, but these software are too expensive to me, so I see project messiah studio v6
http://www.projectmessiah.com/x6/videos.html that come in with autorig function… but I dont think it can import fbx (export only))…

is out there a tool that can autorig a character like mixamo autorig tool make that I can buy ???

to be very honest i doubt that there are any free auto-rig systems.

if you want simple humans then go for makehuman + blender, if you already have Fuse and like that then use the free autorig

at some stage your going to have to learn rigging weighting and animating, or you’ll end up paying a lot of money

THAnks again…
I dont ask for a free autorig tool I can pay for it but only a time to have a software at my disposal to rig when I want and how I want…not a system like mixamo or ikinema where I must pay monthly…

Anyway I dont have FUSE…but waht do you means waht you say " if you already have Fuse and like that then use the free autorig ?? has fuse an autorig feature?? if yes …is it only for models created with fuse or can I import my own models to rig in it??

btw I downlaoded the trial version of motionbuilder 2015 and I’m watching some tutorials …I learned that I can Import fbx mixamo animations (and other generic fbx animations) but I dont know how I can merge them with characters and apply to them…LOL

anyway I didt understand how I Can display and use effectors on motionbuilder since when I click on my character I only can select it with a green mask on model ???why???

Last night I got my Fuse Character that was already rigged (on Mixamo site), exported it as a .fbx file (without any animations!), and imported into my UE4 project (which already had the Mixamo Pack in it). When it said it found no skeleton, I chose the Mixamo_Adam (or something like that) to retarget.

…all animations were there. Clicking on my character, all those animations were playing correctly. If you need any help, I can do a step-by-step!

yes can you do it step by step please???

all i want to know is that:

Assuming I have a mixamo rigged and working character can I retarget the character rig and imprt it on another charatcer and after apply other mixmao fbx animations on it??

or

assuming I have a mixamo rigged character is there a way I can extract the rig of the character and apply it to another character non-mixamo so I can have the same rig of the mixamo character so I can apply mixamo animations (fbx) I purchased to the new chaacter and have them works properly??

is there out a wrokflow how I can do that??

thanks…

I still don’t know how they’ll proceed with the animations. What I did was:

• Created my character in Fuse
  • Rigged online, at the Mixamo website.
  • Downloaded the .fbx.
    – Then, on UE4:
  • Downloaded the Mixamo pack
  • Added it to my main project (it appears as a folder inside my project)
    – Then, on my project:
  • Selected import, chose my character.fbx
  • In the import section it asks to choose a skeleton. I chose one of the Mixamo ones (Adam, in this case)
  • It imported everything. After it was done, I double-clicked on my character.fbx. The animations were all there already.