Ok, first issue i see is the use of a lot of generators like sweep nurbs and cloner.
These are C4D specific objects that cannot be exported and therefor have to be converted before exporting.
Ofc. this will destroy your animation since it uses the cloner to work.
Also there are no joints/bones in your mesh that could be used to bake animations to.
Here’s what i did to get it working:
The very first step is to seperate the static and the moving parts from each other.
This means the stations, the support and even the cable will be imported as one big static mesh,
while the seats will be an animated model.
I decided to animate one instance of the seats, so i took the mesh out of the cloner, combined and rigged it to a basic skeleton.
Then i used the Align to spline tag to align the connector bone to the spline and animated it’s position value from 0 to 100%.
Next i baked the position and rotation of the connector bone and deleted the Rotation P afterwards,
because i didn’t want to have the seat tilt when going up and down the slope and then i exported the animation.
The Import in UE4 was done as usual, but since there is a -90° twist on any animation imported from C4D, i rotated the Skeletal mesh x-axis +90 on import.
Then i assembled the meshes in UE4 like you see in the TP_TEST attatched to this post. (Engine Version 4.14.3)
I’m sure there are better and more performant ways of doing this then having 34 animated models in the scene, but this might require some blueprint knowledge.
Overall, i have to say that your meshes are not exactly optimized for usage inside a game engine.
So if you’re planning to use them in any kind of game, there’s a lot that needs to be improved on them.
But that’s a completly different topic for another time.