Help with distorted texture in alembic geometry cache

Hi all! I’m struggling two days in a row to solve my problem but without any success. I have a cloth animation imported from clo3d in Alembic format. I’ve used a geometry cache and skeletal options in alembic import, but both have the same problem. The textures are really distorted, I don’t have this problem in other software. I found that checking “use full precision UVs” can solve the problem and it works perfectly! But only for static mesh :frowning:

For geometry cache and skeletal, I can’t find this function. I’ve tried everything - changed topology, uv, reimport with different settings, but nothing changed the situation.

Please, if anyone knows how to solve it let me know. I’m really upset and the client is waiting for the results. Thanks

That’s a tough issue and you’re saying you tried re-importing with different settings but maybe check these UE import settings and see if it helps? Sometimes the solution is just 1 check box, you never know…
Have you also tried exporting .FBX or .OBJ from Clo3d and import that in UE?

Good luck!

Found this comment on another forum:

I’m using 5.1.1, i had the same issue putting the
Compressed Texture Coordinates Number of Bits: from 10 to 16 fixed it for me. (In the Alembic Importer settings)

Hope it helps!

1 Like

Thank you for an answer! My setup of alembic file is the same as in video, and I also tried fbx, but I can’t use it cause I need only cloth moving without avatar, it has no sekeleton :frowning: obj is also not an option, I need an animation.

One thing that helped me a little is change alembic import type to skeletal. It’s obviously not ideal, but a little better that geometry cache. Maybe it’ll help someone

Thank you, I’ll try this also and then share with the result here

Updated: Yes, it’s worked perfectly. I can’t believe it was so simple and I had such a big headache with this problem. I can’t describe how thankful I am for your reply.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.