Help with AnimMontage and states

I am trying to make a wall running and climbing animation. For that I need a root motion and animMontage and that is fine. And when that root motion is running, the states that stays on is Idle/Run.
But when the root motion ends, the character starts to fall and it goes to the JumpLoop state. And that makes the character to plays for a second the Idle animation before going into the JumpLoop state and animation.

So, how can I create a new state that when the root motion starts, it goes to there? The problem is that I need to set up a play animation inside a state.

It would be nice if we could play an animMontage inside a state. :wink:

Hi Alex3d,
You could have a bool property “bIsPlayingRootMotion” and use that to force your state machine into a specific state?
If it was specific to a given AnimMontage, you could also add some metadata to it (Notify or Curve) to force different root motion Montages into different states.

Well, that is how I am doing right now, but the problem is that it always plays for a second, the animation that it is inside the actual state.

Like I said: It would be nice if we could play an animMontage inside a state. Or if we have a possibility to add an empty state. A state that does not play any animation.