Help with an old 2D tutorial from Epic

Hi everyone. Hopefully someone can help me out here. i just recently started learning unreal and I’m gong through the 2D Sidescroller Live Training. At the end of video 2, my character’s shot is squished (maybe rotated?) and I’m not sure how to correct it. My blueprint is identical to Alan’s, so I’m thinking it has something to do with me building on a much later version than when the video was recorded.

When I tried placing the shot blueprint directly on the map, it looks exactly the way it should. The squished version only happens when spawned. I adjusted the properties of shot in the blueprint viewport just to test. The shot added directly to the map is changed, the shot spawned still looks the same (wrong).

Again, I’m new. I’m not sure where to look to find whats happening. Any help would be appreciated.

vlcsnap-2016-07-20-22h00m27s59.png

Hi!

I am guessing that your shot is inheriting scale of the component from which it spawns, (Arrow1) Check the transform of the arrow and ensure it is 1,1,1.

The other place to check, would be in the SetWeaponParameters section of collapsed graph a little further down the chain of InputActionShoot:

Double check your Data Table and make sure you have the values you’re looking for.