Download

Help with a control scheme similar to Brothers: a Tale of two sons

Hi, I’ve been at UE4 tutorials for a couple weeks now, and I want to create a game with a similar control scheme to that of Brothers: A Tale of two sons(whilst using a controller, the left stick controls the left object on an x/y axis and the right stick controls the right object on an x/y axis)

I’m trying to get a grasp how something like this could be achieved and I can’t quite work out a way of doing it. At the moment I’m thinking I would need to create two pawns which could each be controlled by a player controller. Each pawn would also need it’s individual move forward, move right axis events. I tried creating this but I couldn’t get it to work, I was wondering if anyone could push me in the right direction.

Thanks.

why it don’t work?

Probably because I did something wrong, but I have no idea what. As I said, I’m a beginner.

I was using the event graph in the player controller and set it to control a pawn using the wasd keys (just to test for now) but nothing happened and I’ve hit a brick wall. Basically, I don’t know what I would need to do to make it work.

A good star, i think, it is create a new project using a Blueprint Third Person template. You can look how the control work.