Help! when i create a C++ project in UE5.3 but I create a project it gives me this error message!

Running I:/EPCI/Epic Games/UE_5.3/Engine/Build/BatchFiles/Build.bat -projectfiles -project=“I:/GAME/PJ/我的项目2/我的项目2.uproject” -game -rocket -progress
Using bundled DotNet SDK version: 6.0.302
Running UnrealBuildTool: dotnet “…..\Engine\Binaries\DotNET\UnrealBuildTool\UnrealBuildTool.dll” -projectfiles -project=“I:/GAME/PJ/???2/???2.uproject” -game -rocket -progress
Log file: C:\Users\Fox\AppData\Local\UnrealBuildTool\Log_GPF.txt

Some Platforms were skipped due to invalid SDK setup: IOS, Android, Linux, LinuxArm64.
See the log file for detailed information

Generating VisualStudio project files:
Discovering modules, targets and source code for project…
Microsoft platform targets must be compiled with Visual Studio 2022 17.4 (MSVC 14.34.x) or later for the installed engine. Please update Visual Studio 2022 and ensure no configuration is forcing WindowsTargetRules.Compiler to VisualStudio2019. The current compiler version was detected as: 14.29.30152

3 Likes

welcome.
that sounds like ue 5.3
i had the same error with Visual Studio 2019. i had to update to Visual Studio 2022

i uninstalled visual studio 2019 but not sure if required.
alternatively run Visual Studio Installer and see if there’s an update. ue requires msvc 14.34 and you have 14.29. you can see that in the "individual components "tab

I have already installed Visual Studio 2022,but the problem remains

1 Like

The problem has been solved.I think I chose the wrong version the first time I installed it.Finally, it is solved by unloading and reinstalling the default installation option of the UE initiator.

1 Like

Happened to me as well.
Solved by uninstalling VS2022 and then reinstalling (also making sure vs2019 is uninstalled) .

Open the Visual Studio Installer. Click Modify next to VS2022. At the top, go to Individual Components. In the search type in MSVC and scroll down and make sure whatever version UE is telling you to install is installed/checked.

5 Likes

I had to explicitly install MSVC v143 - VS 2002 C++ x64/85 build tools (v14.34-17.4) from the Visual Studio Installer for 2022 in order to successfully package a build. Just the latest toolset that is installed by default was not accepted.

8 Likes

As that topic mention you can set Visual Studio version in C:\Users\YOUR USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Unreal Engine\UnrealBuildTool\BuildConfiguration.xml

2 Likes

Uncheck three options under VS 2022 C++ Desktop Development:

MSVC v142 - VS2019 C++ x64/x86 package
MSVC v141 - VS2017 C++ x64/x86 package
MSVC v140 - VS2015 C++ x64/x86 package
After uncheck the options, create UE5.3 C++ project again.

20231222-103022

1 Like

This is a bug with the UE5 Launcher that should be fixed by the UE5 devs.

I see that the Launcher prompts the user to install VS 2022 if they don’t have it. However, I think this bug is caused by not also looking at the version of VS 2022 and whether they have the right addons, distributables, etc.

Hopefully this won’t be too hard to fix.

I had the same problem. First uninstalled my VS Code 2019, Installed VS Code 2022, rebooted. The problem persisted so I found ElonGame’s solution above. After this the problem with creating the C++ project is solved. Thanks!

this worked for me thankyou

Hey there,

Some more details here, because I faced the same issue.

To build with UE 5.3, you need the VS2022 - 14.34 toolchain. (Easy)

@ElonGame is right, if you remove all previous toolchains, it works.
It’s because the engine won’t find any “validated” one, and will default to the “latest one”, which is probably the 14.38 if you did recent updates, or a fresh install. It might work, or not… this is not a tested version.

But for various reasons like having projects for different engine versions, it still make sense to have the previous toolchains installed.
So if you have the choice between several different toolchains, the engine will try to find the most recent validated one for your engine version, like the 14.34 for 5.3. If not here, it will complain, and because this is 5.3, et won’t revert to a former VS2019 one.
14.38 not being validated, he won’t decide to pick it a a last resort.

So @kgeisler87 had the right answer actually.
You have to go in your VS installer, and explicitly select the MSVC v143 - VS 2002 C++ x64/86 build tools (v14.34-17.4)
Having fresh VS2022 install is not helpful, because it only installs the 14.38…

This way, you’re using a validated version, and you keep the compatibility with former toolchains.

2 Likes

This is the final solution! Thanks!
In my case, I also need to edit .uproject file to make sure delete the entire code as I am using Rider:

{
			"Name": "VisualStudioSourceCodeAccess",
			"Enabled": false
}

Hey if anyone is facing this in Blueprints based project, I fixed this by changing Compiler Version.
Project Settings->Platforms/Windows->Under ToolChain->Compiler Version
Mine was set to 2019 and I dont know why tbh.

Not sure if this will fix the issue for C++ Projects.

Hi, I have a similar problem. I get those errors when I create a project from 0 in c++ do you think that can help me?

2 Things,
1- Have you tired generating project files and compiling from source? Also I believe its Rider and Rider might give out these error if you have missing modules.
2- This is a blank 0 project, I think you have installation error somewhere, Rider asks about installing Plugins for Unreal. Try opening .uproject with Rider.

Let me know if that fixes it or gives out any prompt.

Do you think it’s a problem with the UE? or my pc ? because now I have a new error, This is generated when creating a project from 0 in c++ but I don’t understand now why it comes out.

[1/11] Compile [x64] SharedPCH.Engine.Cpp20.cpp
D:\Epic Games\UE_5.3\Engine\Source\predefined C++ types (compiler internal)(420): error C2248: 'FHazardPointerCollection::FHazardRecord::FHazardRecord': no se puede obtener acceso al miembro private miembro declarado en la clase 'FHazardPointerCollection::FHazardRecord'
D:\Epic Games\UE_5.3\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\Experimental\Containers\HazardPointer.h(86): note: vea la declaraci?n de 'FHazardPointerCollection::FHazardRecord::FHazardRecord'
D:\Epic Games\UE_5.3\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\Experimental\Containers\HazardPointer.h(77): note: vea la declaraci?n de 'FHazardPointerCollection::FHazardRecord'
D:\Epic Games\UE_5.3\Engine\Source\predefined C++ types (compiler internal)(420): note: el contexto de creaci?n de instancias de la plantilla (el m?s antiguo primero) es
D:\Epic Games\UE_5.3\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\Experimental\Containers\HazardPointer.h(133): note: Vea la referencia a la creaci?n de una instancia de la funci?n plantilla "void __builtin_array_init_helper<FHazardPointerCollection::FHazardRecord>(_T *,size_t) noexcept(<expr>)" que se est? compilando
        with
        [
            _T=FHazardPointerCollection::FHazardRecord
        ]
[2/11] Resource Default.rc2
Total time in Parallel executor: 44.79 seconds
Total execution time: 83.18 seconds 

I got this error after update MVS 2022.
MVS 2022 say me that need update components 1.67Gb for developed soft. After error solved.

I fixed my errors, the first one “T=FHazardPointerCollection::FHazardRecord” is due to the update of vs 17.9 as it is broken, Solution to this is to update to 17.10.

Second error: MSB3246 and CS0234, This is solved by opening it from the .uproject of the project (I use Rider).

I hope it helps if you have my errors or something similar.