Help understanding event dispatchers/multiplayer

I posted this in answers too. I hope that’s okay.

I made a simple event dispatcher in my Third Person Character blueprint called Locate Platform.

I made an actor component called “platform” that I can attach to anything, like a cube or whatever. When I press “F”, the Third Person Character calls the event.

The event is bound to the platform component, and it will draw a debug line from the third person character to the platform. This works fine in single player. I just don’t know how to go about it in multiplayer. Get Player Character at index 0 is what i know is throwing it off, but I don’t know how to get around doing that. Any help would be appreciated. Check the two images below for more information. Thanks :slight_smile:

106747-call+event.png

get controller ? (I’m not sure I understand the question well)

if you call it on a pawn, if it’s possessed it returned the controller that possess the pawn (be it a player controller or ai controller), just cast to player controller if you want to be sure it’s player controlled.

Bump. The issue is that get player character or get player controller doesn’t not create a binding for players that join after the game has started. I am not sure how to explain this, but I want the platform to listen for any player to call it.