Help to identify 2 types of node

Hey guys, first post here. I’m following a tutorial for a Shooter game and there’s no info about what node the OP uses on his blueprints, just pics. This wouldn’t be a problem, but I can’t identify 2 nodes I need. I’m posting their pics here so y’all may help, I’ll let the tutorial link too
http://shootertutorial.com/2015/06/02/first-person-look-around-controls-mouse-touch-tilt/
9235404683e030c45522db9972815763aaeb3286.jpeg
Thanks in advance,
Strule

The top one is the node to check if the active controlling device is a mouse. It returns true if the pins match. That node essentially compares an Integer (Current Controlling Device) against an Enum. Its actually an == (Equals Enum) operator (I think part of it is hidden behind the dropdown).

The one on the bottom is ‘Multiply Float’ node.

Just to further iterate on what mindfane said:

The top node is “=” and in most programming languages this is represented as a “==” operator. Now for the part that mindfane didn’t elaborate on was how to get these nodes to come up. For the most part you can click (right click?) on the blueprint graph (where the nodes are placed). The a box will pop up with available nodes available to you depending on how you got the pop-up to actually show up. Most important here is whether or not you have “context” checked inside the pop-up box. If it is checked then it will only show nodes that are available inside your blueprint, if the blueprint is inherited (has a “parent” blueprint) then it will show the inherited actions available as well. If you drag a pin out from a node and right click w/ context checked, then it will show the nodes available to that specific object type … if you drag out an “actor” reference, then the context menu will show nodes available to “actors”. There are some cases where you’ll need to uncheck the “context” thing … but I can’t think of any of those reasons off hand (just something to keep in mind).

Now to bring up those specific nodes that you asked about. You bring up the pop-up node list, then you can “type” with your keyboard to search the list. For the “=” node, I believe you can type either “=”, or “equal” and it will narrow your search options down to a few options to make it easier to select the proper node. For your “x” node, that is brought up by typing “*” (shift + 8 on my keyboard … an asterisk symbol) or “mult” into the search box. In case you weren’t aware, the asterisk symbol is commonly used as the multiplication symbol in most programming languages.

The reason your “tutorial” didn’t go over this stuff is because it’s very, very basic and most tutorials expect you to already know this stuff. It’s common sense to use who have been coding for a while, but to a complete beginner it’s not so obvious. Honestly I don’t even know of any tutorials that explain those very basic concepts so if you have any questions, just ask here.