Help: Swing Shot Mechanic

Hello! I am trying to make something similar to Ratchet and Clank’s Swing shot mechanic:

Warning, the player curses in the video, but only after the part demonstrating the swingshot.

Just without the auto aim.

As of right now I have a functioning tractor beam, and am trying to scrap its current “Grab Object” function to make a “Create Spring Arm” function. I want to send a trace out to an object and create a spring arm between it and the player.

This is my working “Grab Object” Function

This is my current (non working) Create Spring Arm function

This is the error I get when I try to grapple the floating mesh I use for testing.

Thanks for any and all help :slight_smile:

Also, this may deserve its own thread, but do any of you guys have and idea on how to make a double jump? I have started by making a non animation jump function. The problem is that I have not been able come up with a way to make allow it to fire, but only twice per initial jump.

Here is my Jump Function:

Have you tried looking into the Swing Ninja content piece on the marketplace? It does exactly what you are looking for

Wow, that is… messy to say the least. I couldn’t find what I needed to implement into my own game, but I am starting to understand the structure of his. Alas, I guess I’ll just wade through it some more to see if I can find out how he gets the actual grapple and swing part done. Anyways, thanks for the suggestion :slight_smile:

When you get this working, any chance you’d post the blueprints for it. Thanks