[Help] Swing Rope 3D Sidescroller

Heyja guys.

I’m currently working on a 3D side scroller and are trying to build a “swing rope” that could get you over gap where jump or double jump don’t suffice.

I have tried several things but don’t have anything thats working at all.

So here is what im thinking:

• A stationary base with a rope where the player attaches to the end of that rope when colliding with a trigger.
  • The player will swing back and fourth with no loss of velocity
  • The player will only detach if jump is pressed (or takes damage)and then move in the direction the rope is “pointing”

I am no stranger to Blueprint, but no expert either. I am currently reading through documentation and watching through tutorials at the moment but have not found anything usefull yet.

I thought it would be a good idea to ask while i’m looking.

If anyone could point me in the right direction, I would be one very happpy boy.

There is a number of tutorials around for grappling hook style swinging which sounds pretty much what you want. They should give you a good start on it. But if you are looking to fake the physics and things with them stepping onto a stationary object then i would say just turn off physics on the object they will step on, attach a rope to it and then just animate the position of that object around the other attachment point of the rope.