[help] Shooting anim. ontop of offset1D

Hello guys. So I made an aimoffset1D for the blue guy. In animgraph I hooked the state machine into Offset1D and that into final pose. Now the blue guy is looking up and down.

But now I don’t know how to play the fire rifle animation intop of the offset1D. I tried to just setup shooting state in the statemachine, but then the fire rifle animation overrides everything else. How do I make the guy maintain the aimoffset angle while still playing fire anim, and the bottom of the body would be playing the idle/wwalk/rrun from statemachine? Cheers!

Ok, it took me 3 hours after work to figure this one out, but I did it! Time to bed. If someone will be interested what/how I did it, I can share tomorrow. :slight_smile:

hi Pabooklas, how did you do it? :slight_smile:

I would suggest using a slot for that. Place it before your additive animations and you should be good to go. And of course you need to fire up the animations through AnimMontages.

I would suggest using a slot for that. Place it before your additive animations and you should be good to go. And of course you need to fire up the animations through AnimMontages.

Hello. I have two separate state machines. Basically one for the top and one for the bottom of the body. First one(Is used for lower body animations) has idle/walk/run state, jump state and crouch state. Second state machine has Idle state with just idle_ironsight anim. in it and a shooting state with shooting animation.
Then I used Layered blend per bone node. First state machine(lower body one) plugged into base pose pin. Second state machine(upper body) is plugged into my aimoffset1D, and the aimoffset1D is plugged into blend poses 0 pin. And now the Layered blend per bone node is plugged into the final pose.
Settings for Layered blend per bone node:

How it looks in action: UE4 Mobile Sidescroller WIP - YouTube