Hello, I’m new to the engine and I’m very happy with my purchase of Unreal 4. I’m relatively new to game designing and my main concern is, as fairly new developer taking the role as a sound designer, I can’t find too many audio tutorials. So I have multiple questions which I hope the community could help me answer, whether in full or partially. I’d really appreciate any support you can give me, and I hope within time I can also be one to share knowledge with other new users within the community. Thank you guys.
1) I cannot figure out how to create directional audio. I’ve enabled spatilization yet nothing has worked. I still hear the audio as if being played in surround stereo. My question is this, does the .wav file have to be Mono before it can have 3d directional effects? Here is pic of the sound cue setup. **UPDATE: Resolved by creating mono sound file **http://gyazo.com/8c57f4d86cd3592673ae163255149cca
2) Can a stereo file be converted to mono within the Engine? When right clicking a imported wav file and selecting the “property matrix” it allows me to see the “number of channels” (The sample rate below it leads me to believe the num of channels is read only) http://gyazo.com/6385d625e34868e292816e42c521c89f
**3)**What is the proper way of syncing footsteps to animations? I’ve went to the ‘Run animation>addNotify>PlaySound’. There is a few things with this though…
A) If i wanted to set the animations to play different sounds on different materials how does one do this? I know this has been briefly answered in another thread, but a bit more clarity would be nice.
B) If the character continues to run towards a wall, the animations till plays, therefor the sound of footsteps is still being triggered while running towards a wall. Though this sounds more like a coders fix, is there anything a sound designer can
4) Is there a particular way to create sound files for Surround sound? If i wanted to have amazing ambient sounds for 5.1 or 7.1, What would I have to do? Ex: I want bird sound effects to have 7.1 , do i need to have multiple .wav files for 7.1, do they
need to be mono? ect.
5) Does Wwise actually support UE4 users at the moment, and is it worth it to learn? There website seems to say UE4 Supports Wwise, but only certified epic developers. Pic and Link below.
6) Does anyone know when a more in depth audio support document or video will be released, and does anyone have any sources,websites, or tips for someone new in the field like me to learn about audio within the Unreal Engine 4? (Not so much UDK unless you feel it’s valid for UE4) I appreciate you taking the time to read this, as I know it’s a bit large and sporadic. Thank you again!