Help Replicating "MoveComponentTo" Node?

Hi Anyone know how I can make the MoveComponentTo function replicated? I have this setup right here:

but the characters are jittery during the interpolation and when I turn p.NetShowCorrections on, you can see that the server is trying to correct the client position on every frame

I would really appreciate any help!

Thank you

In order to make the MoveComponentTo function replicated in Unreal Engine, you will need to use the ReplicatedMovement property, which can be checked in the Replication section when selecting the Root component of your blueprint actor.

As stated here by Alekann01

It is designed to replicate the transform data of the root component of an actor. For the flag to work, you need to ensure the actor is fully set to replicate and that it’s not sleeping.

For the jittery movement during interpolation, you may want to increase the NetUpdateFrequency variable. This will reduce the frequency of updates and smooth out the movement. This is done in the same menu where you changed the Replicate Movement.

I hope this is helpful!

Hey thanks for your answer

There is no ReplicatedMovementComponent in unreal, did you mean ticking the ComponentReplicates box?
I have tried setting that to true on the CapsuleComponent but it makes even walking be corrected by the server

I have tried increasing the NetUpdateFrequency but it hasn’t worked.

I also haven’t been able to find SmoothNetUpdateTime :confused:

Hey,

I have updated my answer to accommodate for the mistakes I previously wrote.

If it’s jittery it could be that the client is owning the actor that you want to move. The server is responsible for all authority; which means that you need to ask the server if it can run the function for you instead of the client running it.

Could you send a video of the issue so that I will have an easier time to see what kind of jittery we are talking about? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey :blush:

Here is a video of the issue:

You can see that while playing the vaulting animation, the movement is jittery and the server keeps trying to correct the client position

I am so sorry, but I can’t see that it jitters. Perhaps it isn’t to do with replication but rather post processing? If you are talking about it jittering / ghosting, you can try to disable the motion blur in the post process volume.