HELP: Physics Assets with Alembics and Groom Hair

Hi Everyone.

I’m working on a project where the characters are alembic files being exported for renders in Unreal. This means there is no rig at all and thus no physics assets to work with either. Using the Rivet Constraint in Maya I was able to create a Skeletal Mesh Collision object by simply binding a custom collision model to a bone. I then used this set up to bake the animation to the bone and export the resulting fbx to Unreal.
This gave me my Skeletal Mesh with a Physics Asset that moves with the alembic to which I could parent Groom hair etc

The issues I’m having now are:

1 - The collision of this physics asset does not seem to block the Groom hair at all or only partially.

What can I do if the collision is not working at all ?

2- For collision that partially works with the Groom Hair I realized it was the Capsule shape not being able to cover all of the head properly.

Is there a way to non-uniform scale this Physics Asset to better fit the shape of the head?

Or can I just add more bones to it to get more Physics Asset Capsules? I already tried this assuming I’d get one capsule for each bone but it did not work and instead still just gave me just the one capsule.

In Maya

In Unreal

Either it fits to cover the front and back or the sides. Scaling the capsule to fit the sides of the head makes it too small to cover front and back and vice versa.

Any ideas or suggestions?