I’m trying to create the pieces for a modular level design of my level, and I’m stuck on how to unwrap/texture to make the shapes look good.
Currently what I have is:
(1) An L shape mesh which is made from 2 squares combined together
(2) A mid shape mesh which is simply a square
(3) PBR textures I got online of a
I know the basics of unwrapping so I can simply unwrap each mesh individually, but I’m not even sure what I want the end unwrapping layout
to look like, or how I would put the PBR texture in it. I tried to cut it, but I still couldn’t get it to look correctly.
Notes regarding the attached image:
- You can see the 2 meshes together in blender with uv unwrapped and textures
- The black line you see is simply because I need to move the texture it self one pixel to the left. Even without it though, you can see it doesn’t look like a one single wall
- the picture on the left is the uv layout of the right shape, the square.