Hi, I’ve been reading a lot lately about differences between some 3D modeling softwares, mostly between Maya and 3DSMAX, and I’m still undecided about which one would be the best fit for my needs. The only use I will give it is to be able to create the assets needed for a game I’m starting to develop.
This are the considerations:
- My models wont have complex animations.
- I need to do some landscapes, nothing very big though.
- I’ve never used any 3D modeling software before.
- I have no humanoid characters, only some creatures maybe.
- the textures used in the game wont be of a high complexity nor have a realistic aesthetic, think of something like Super Smash Brawl level of detail.
Any help is welcomed!.