Help me create a learning checklist or tree

Hello, I have started learning UE5 but since information can be gathered to different corners of the internet I think it will be useful for myself and others to build a “learning plan” or “learning tree” or “checklist” of all components of a game. But since I am not already knowledgeable I need help to build one.

Basically I want to breakdown all components of a game into smaller components and attack each sub-components one by one until I’ve learned all components that makes a game.

Example:
Graphics/visuals:
- World creation:
- Landscape
- Lighting
- (etc…)
- Characters & animations:
- (etc…)
- Visual effects:
- (etc…)
Audio:
- (etc…):
- (etc…)
Game logic/mechanics:
- (etc…):
- (etc…)

This list is just an example of what I’m trying to make, I hope you get the idea, thanks!

Hi there,

Welcome!

I would recommend starting with the first 5 courses of this “learning path”:
Welcome to Game Development | Epic Developer Community (epicgames.com)

From there, you’ll certainly have a good idea of your areas of interest.

Topics that will certainly help you if you have a solid understanding:
→ Blueprint communication: Casting, Interfaces, Event Dispatchers
→ Event triggers: Overlaps, Hits, Damages
→ Working with Lists: Enumerators and Structs
→ Working with Data: Array and Map variables, Data Table
→ Save and Loading Game
→ Animation: Sequences, Montages, Aim Offsets, Level Sequencer, and Animation Blueprint
→ Interaction: pickups, doors, switches, weapon switch, grab and throw objects
→ Game Mechanics: Jumps, Slides, Wall Running, Dashes, Combo Attacks

Of course, is up to you to define your focus based on your areas of interest, and then go from there.

Good luck in your journey.

1 Like

Thanks for the info, unfortunately this is not quite what I’m looking for, I am really trying to build a personalized learning structure which I believe would be helpful for other newcomers as well to follow. Basically breaking down the game by components into small manageable components. The main 3 components would be Visuals, Audio, Game mechanics(logic). Well anyway, I’m looking for someone who can reach out on a personal level and work with me on it if possible, thanks.

1 Like

I am new to UE and would love to see such a list. Did you manage to create anything ?