HElp me achieve realistic results?

HEllo , I am trying in allways to achieve the same or the most similar possible illumination but I am failing much … Can you tell me how to improve the scene and get the same look of the real image?

1 Like

well, the first thing I noticed is that blacks are too black…never use a 0 value for a black color if you aim for photorealism…the same goes for the whites

also the quality of the reflections should be better, take a look at the reflections under the table

your glass material is completely transparent, take a look at your reference, it has a “green” tint, and also there are no reflections on this glass elements

For black if u refer to the side wall its a metamaterial downloaded its a black and brown wood I darkened a bit to a gray level. The glass is another pack material I got I tweaked a but increasing roughness and metalness to have more reflection but doesnt go much more also I do have a 1080 ti so I think I cant use raytracing.
How I improve reflections with lumen without raytracing?

I am referring to all the blacks: the wall on the left, the wall on the right back side, the sofa, the lamp, the chair and the computer

for the glass reflections, you probably need something to reflect behind the camera

sadly I am not expert in UE5 or 4, but I guess reflections are calculated with ray tracing or lumen or with the reflection captures…if you have a 1080, I would suggest to go for reflection captures, ray tracing would be too expensive, but you can try if it is only a still image…Lumen, not sure, but I would guess it only works on a RTX card

Sample shot has more than one color. Indirect lightning from window has some blues and even warm points of light. You could tweak that by adding colored texture map to your rectangle light (never tested thou). But first I would suggest increasing Global Illumination or bounces of light. Add something behind the camera like extra light or hole in the wall. The sample project isn’t limited to one source of light. Work with white, gray and chrome ball in the scene because temperature is way too warm. Turn off shadow casting for the front glass. Remove glass from the window. Remove direct sunlight (assuming that you want to achieve 1 to 1 result). Maybe try to work with “detailed lightning” mode.

1 Like